Child Custody Mediation

Child Custody Mediation

Child custody mediation is seldom easy, but can be made much easier with a skilled mediator to help. Child custody mediation is often the most difficult thing for couples to work out in a divorce. Few people want to give up custody of their children. There are many options to work out child custody. First, you can choose to represent yourself (yourselves) in court. If the other parent gets an attorney that parent is at an advantage. if neither parent has an attorney, you must work hard to learn what’s expected in court . The judge simply does not have the time to walk you through every court procedure. This can put both of you as a disadvantage. Second, you can both get attorneys and fight it out in court. If you do that, it gets very expensive.

There are, however, other effective less expensive ways to work out custody issues. Child custody agreements can be accomplished with the help of a skilled mediator. Glen Bickford is such a mediator.

Another option is Early Neutral Evaluation. (ENE) is a choice for parents who want to know how a judge might rule on their case. Glen Bickford and a female attorney listen to each of you tell your story. Then these two evaluators tell you what is a likely outcome in court and then help you work out a settlement. ENE can be done with or without attorneys present. Traditional mediation is also a possibility. Glen was one of the first ENE evaluators in greater Minnesota in 2005. He is an experienced child custody mediator with hundreds of ENE’s done. Glen can help you find a settlement that works for you and your children. Mediation can be done with or without attorneys present. When you call Glen, he can explain more about how to settle your child custody dispute. It’s up to you to pick the way to settle your dispute in the the way that seems best.


  1. Christina Francois on October 13, 2018 at 9:09 pm

    I’ve been divorced since early July. We agreed on 50/50 custody through our divorce petition. However, we now agree on something different. Can we hire a mediator to change the agreement?

    • glen on December 17, 2018 at 2:52 pm

      yes, if it’s in the best interests of the children you can. Agree to do that together and bring the changes to court ASAP.

Leave a Comment